K2's Do It Yourself Business Intelligence
Microsoft has created two parallel environments for delivering business intelligence reports and dashboards. One uses Excel and the four premium data-analysis add-ins (PowerPivot, Power View, 3D Maps, and Power Query) available in Office Professional Plus and the standalone version of Excel. The other environment uses the cloud-based tools of Power BI and the free Power BI Desktop application to create dashboards without Excel. Both environments allow business professionals to create user-interactive tabular reports and dashboards using quick and easy drag-and-drop processes. Don't miss this opportunity to see and evaluate these outstanding business intelligence solutions in action.
- Understanding the applications and services required to use Power BI effectively
- Using the Power BI tools to produce financial and operational analysis
- Publishing completed analysis to Power BI
- Overview of the devices and applications used for consuming BI content
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the desktop applications, server components, and Office 365 subscriptions for producing and delivering analytics
- Describe the process of accessing external data for analysis
- Use PowerPivot, Power View, and Power Map to produce user-interactive analysis
- Explain how to use Power Query to find, clean, transform, and merge data from multiple sources
- Describe the advantages of using Power BI Desktop and identify the limitations of using Power View
- Identify how to acquire Power Bi Desktop and a PowerBI.com subscription
- List several ways in which data can be displayed and presented on a Power BI report
Who Should Attend: Accountants and business professionals who want to harness the power of business intelligence functionality using the premium Excel add-ins or the cloud-based tools of Microsoft Power BI.
Course Level: Advanced
CPE Credits: 4 Hours Information Technology
Prerequisites: Good working knowledge of Excel and PivotTables
Advance Preparation: NonePLEASE NOTE: Registration cutoff is 1 full business day prior to the start of the webinar.