K2's Advanced Excel Functions and Formulas
(2 CPE Hour Course)
Excel has more than 450 functions, many of which are unused by business professionals. This session will put you on a path to improved Excel productivity by introducing you to powerful but little used Excel functions, such as IFS (for nested IF statements), AGGREGATE (best described as SUBTOTAL on steroids), GETPIVOTDATA (for producing formal reports from data summarized in a pivot table), CUBEVALUE (for building reports directly from the Excel Data Model) or TEXTJOIN (for joining text or creating CSV files quickly and easily).
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use Excel's financial functions to calculate mortgage interest and principal reduction, or perform conventional cash flow analysis
- List five Excel functions for making conditional calculations with multiple conditions
- Explain the general process of using INDIRECT to make report assembly easier
- Describe the benefits of using GETPIVOTDATA for extracting summarized data from a PivotTable
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Excel
- Program level: Advanced
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to maximize the functionality of Excel by using advanced functions and formulas. This program focuses on Excel for Windows.