K2's Mastering the Excel Data Model
(2 CPE Hour Course)
The Excel Data Model is an in-memory multi-dimensional (OLAP) data engine available in all versions of Excel 2013 and 2016. The Data Model is the core foundation of Power Pivot. With the Data Model, users can 1) relate multiple Excel tables, 2) build PivotTables on multiple data sources, 3) import data from external data sources, and 4) analyze PivotTable reports using Quick Explore, which allows users to drill up, down, and around in reports. This session will provide the knowledge and skill necessary to take full advantage of the Excel Data Model.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Excel Data Model
- List the advantages of using the Data Model as a PivotTable data source
- Create PivotTables from data stored in multiple related Tables
- Describe the process of relating Tables in Excel 2013 and 2016
- Explain the process of connecting to external data sources
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to take advantage of Excel’s Data Model feature. This course focuses on features found in the Windows-based version of Excel.