K2's Online Meeting and Collaboration Tools - Comparing Your Options - On Demand (2 Hours)
We could work with team members at all levels and in all locations with today's collaboration and meeting tools. While the COVID-19 pandemic may have been the trigger event that forced many to use these tools for the first time, we discovered the advantages and capabilities. Which tools make sense for your organization?
In this session, we will cover the leading meeting and collaboration tools. We will note the features and benefits of options available and will provide a comparison of critical items. We will also explain deployment and control considerations from a management perspective, citing questions you can pose to technical consultants. If you want to improve your team's productivity, this session will give you independent guidance.
- Discern differences of features and benefits of meeting and collaboration tools
- List the most popular applications for collaboration and meeting management
- Define your needs for collaborative tools
- Classify collaborative tools
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the cost and benefits of various meeting and collaboration tools
- Categorize various tools, services, and programs used for collaboration and meetings
- Define typical meeting and collaboration tool needs
- Differentiate collaborative tool features
- CPD Credits: 2 Hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to adjust their technology approach to accommodate more collaboration
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.