K2's Cloud Computing
The Future is Here!
“Cloud Computing.” You’ve heard the term, but what does it really mean and how does it impact you both personally and professionally? In this seminar, you will learn the fundamentals of Cloud computing, including what Cloud computing really is and what it is not. More importantly, you will learn necessary skills to determine if Cloud computing might be right for your organization or for your clients. Additionally, during the seminar you will learn how to migrate to Cloud-based solutions and how to avoid the major pitfalls along the way.
Throughout this program, leading solutions from organizations such as Microsoft, Google, Zoho, Thomson Reuters, CCH, Intuit, Accumatica, Sage, Salesforce.com, Wave, XCM Solutions, Bill.com, Amazon, Canopy Tax, AccountantsWorld, Xero, and many others will be reviewed to help you understand the opportunities that exist today to move your organization forward and begin increasing the return on your investment in technology. A special focus of this seminar is the impact that Cloud computing has on the accounting profession, regardless of whether you work in public accounting, industry, or for governmental, educational, or not-for-profit institutions. Don’t miss this chance to learn about Cloud computing and the potential for you to improve information services within your organization while improving efficiency and driving down costs!
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define “Cloud computing” and distinguish between various Cloud computing services
- Determine if Cloud computing is right for your organization
- Identify the major Cloud computing vendors and the key solutions provided by each of these vendors
- Create a road map for selecting a Cloud-based solution and migrating to it
- Recognize the potential pitfalls associated with Cloud-based solutions – such as security and data availability – and identifying means of avoiding these hazards
- Establish an appropriate strategy for storing data in the Cloud
- CPE credit: Recommended for 8 hours Information Technology
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Accountants and other business professionals who want to learn more about the potential benefits and risks associated with Cloud computing