K2's Evaluating Technology Controls
(2 CPE Hour Course)
Technology controls are more important than ever. In the absence of properly-functioning controls, entire systems and the data contained therein can quickly become infected, breached, or simply stop functioning. Auditors, business managers, and consultants all need to know how to evaluate critical technology controls and in this session, you will learn the best ways to evaluate critical information technology general controls and application controls.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between information technology general controls and application controls;
- Identify key information technology control risks within an organization
- Design and perform tests of information technology controls
- Create recommendations for improving technology controls in an organization
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Auditing
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to learn how to evaluate technology controls, either from an internal or external perspective.