K2's Best Practices for Selecting and Implementing Business Management Software - On Demand (2 hours)
Many organizations have accounting & business management software which was originally selected in the 1990s. While the company has evolved, the solutions no longer meet the business needs of the organization, and needs to be replaced. This session will teach you a methodology for software selection, including needs determination, requests for proposals, evaluating proposals, contracting, and implementation. This webinar will also cover some of the kinds of features, expenses, and issues which must be addressed when one is implementing solutions for organizations that have outgrown entry level apps like QuickBooks.
- Needs assessment and application research
- Business process mapping fundamentals
- Requests for proposals/requests for quotes
- Implementation and contracting basics
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain what a business process map is and how it works
- Identify key business requirements of an accounting/ERP solution for your organization
- Research solutions that potentially fit your specific needs
- Explain what an RFP/RFQ is, and explain what is in a statement of work (SOW)
- List some key potentially hidden expenses associated with business software
Who Should Attend: Managers, owners, and accounting professionals who want to learn more about business management software and avoid common problems.
Course Level: Basic
CPE Credits: 2 Hours Information Technology
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.