K2’s Evaluating Technology Controls - On Demand (2 CPD Hours)
Technology controls are more important than ever. In the absence of properly-functioning controls, entire systems and the data contained therein can quickly become infected, breached, or simply stop functioning. Auditors, business managers, and consultants all need to know how to evaluate critical technology controls and in this session, you will learn the best ways to evaluate essential information technology general controls and application controls.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between information technology general controls and information technology application controls
- Identify key information technology control risks within an organization
- Design and perform tests of information technology controls
- Create recommendations for improving information technology controls in an organization
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED
- Differentiating between information technology general controls and information technology application controls
- How to identify and evaluate information technology general controls, including deficiencies
- How to identify and evaluate information technology application controls, including deficiencies
- Analyzing technology controls relative to risk
- Creating catalogs of controls
CPD Credits: Recommended for 2 Hours of Auditing
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS On-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and internal controls
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation: None
Designed For: Accountants and business professionals seeking to learn how to evaluate internal controls over technology.