K2's The Best Kept Secrets of Windows 10 - On Demand (2 CPD Hours)
Windows 10 has been available since 2015, yet most continue to use it as they did prior versions of Windows, ignoring many features that can be used to enhance productivity and security. In this session, you will learn the best kept secrets of the newest version of Windows, including how you can use it to minimize the threat of ransomware, integrate with your iOS or Android-powered device, and how to utilize Timeline to track your activities for the most recent 30 days. Make plans to join us in this session so that you can experience all the best features of your operating system.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Identify options for managing the update frequency of a Windows 10-based PC;
- List at least five new features for improving productivity in Windows 10;
- Differentiate between key new features in Windows 10 for improving security; and
- Identify the process for integrating a Windows 10-based PC with an iOS or Android-powered device.
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED
- The Windows update cadence and “Windows as a Service”
- Managing Data More Efficiently
- Key Security Provisions and Features in Windows
- Integrating Windows 10 with Your Mobile Devices
- Extending Battery Life on Devices Running Windows 10
- Configuring the Edge Browser
- Utilizing “Convenience” Features in Windows Such as the Magnifier and Timeline
CPD Credits: Recommended for 2 Hours of Information Technology
Instructional Delivery Method: On-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation: None
Designed For: Accountants and business professionals seeking to maximize the effectiveness when using the Windows 10 operating system