K2's Advanced QuickBooks Tips and Techniques (4 Hours) - On Demand
(1/2 Day – 4 CPE Hour Course)
QuickBooks remains one of the leading accounting solutions for small and growing businesses and Intuit has added numerous advanced features to the application over the past few releases. In this seminar, you will learn how to take advantage of many of QuickBooks’ new and advanced features to solve important issues. For example, you will learn advanced inventory management techniques, including the ability to change the default costing methodology in QuickBooks, and implementing lot and serial number tracking. You will also learn how to build complete sets of financial statements in Excel that link in real-time to underlying QuickBooks data files and how to create multi-company financial statements. Additionally, you will learn how to put the Client Data Review feature to work to streamline the process of identifying and correcting errors and closing accounting periods in QuickBooks.
Knowing how to take advantage of the advanced tools and features available can determine your level of success when working with QuickBooks. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about QuickBooks’ “deep” features so that you maximize your effectiveness with the application.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify techniques for handling advanced reporting issues, including the QuickBooks Statement Writer, linking QuickBooks data into other applications via Open Database Connectivity, and multi-company reporting
- Manage inventory more effectively in QuickBooks, including using Items, changing inventory costing methodologies, creating Assembly items, adjusting inventory quantities and valuations, and list the advantages associated with QuickBooks’ Advanced Inventory add-in
- Differentiate between key techniques for exchanging QuickBooks data with others, including QuickBooks Accountants' Copy feature, Portable Company Files, and backup files
- Utilize QuickBooks Client Data Review feature to streamline the process of cleaning up QuickBooks data files and closing accounting periods
- CPE Credit: Recommended for 4 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of QuickBooks
- Program level: Advanced
- Advanced preparation: None
- Who should participate: Accounting and financial professionals who want to learn about advanced features and techniques associated with QuickBooks (This session is taught using the US Version)
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.