K2's Business Intelligence, Featuring Microsoft's Power BI Tools (8 hours)
In today’s business climate, Business Intelligence (BI) is perhaps the hottest topic in most professional circles. Increasingly, organizations of all sizes are seeking to take advantage of the data that is available to them to identify previously undiscovered insights and gain competitive advantages thought to be out-of-reach just a few short years ago. A growing array of tools – ranging from Excel add-ins to dedicated solutions such as Power BI – now allow you to leverage your existing knowledge and skills to create powerful, interactive dashboards and analyses unthinkable until recently.
In this program, you will learn how to implement “do it yourself business intelligence” using a variety of techniques and tools. You will learn how to work with some of the advanced data query and summarization features in Excel to create Excel-based dashboards and then you will learn how to leverage that knowledge to build even more powerful BI objects using Microsoft’s Power BI tools. If gaining greater insights into your data to make better decisions is of interest to you, then join us for a fast-paced look at how you can take advantage of these fantastic tools.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Create Excel-based BI dashboards
- List the potential shortcomings of BI solutions based wholly on Excel
- Identify and implement various Excel add-ins that might useful in BI applications
- Differentiate between the BI opportunities in Excel and Power BI
- Create and distribute dashboards using Power BI
- CPD credit: Recommended for 8 CPD hours Information Technology
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of computer operations and terminology, including Microsoft Office Excel
- Program level: Advanced
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals seeking to develop and implement BI solutions
- Note: there is a 1 hour break between two 4 hour sessions