K2's Excel Advanced Technologies
Office 365 subscribers have access to enhanced Excel functionality that use advanced technologies. Ideas allow users to apply data mining techniques to local data sets stored in tables. This one-click process produces graphical analysis of the data to help uncover hidden facts and relationships. With Data Types users can extract geographical or financial data from online data sources on demand. Dynamic arrays allow users to create multiple copies of a local data set. These copies update automatically as the source data changes. Along with this technology come new functions for sorting and filtering these copies. This means that users need only maintain and update one table while having multiple dynamic copies, each configured to meet some reporting or analysis objective. With the mobile version of Excel, a user can take a picture of a tabular report and have the picture converted to text using OCR technologies. The text is then added to an Excel workbook and uploaded to OneDrive for use on the desktop. If you are an Office 365 subscriber, attend this webinar to see these advanced Excel technologies in action.
- Using Dynamic Arrays for analysis
- Discovering trends, outliers, and hidden relationships using Ideas
- Accessing up-to-date stock market and geographical data with Data Types
- Turning a photo into usable data with the Camera in Excel Mobile
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- List four advanced technologies available in Excel for Office 365 subscribers
- Identify six new functions for use with Dynamic Arrays
- Explain how Ideas can help users find trends, outliers, and hidden relationships in data
- Describe how to take a picture in Excel Mobile and convert it to usable data
- CPE credit: 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Office 365 subscriber with a good working knowledge of Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Accountants and business professionals who subscribe to Office 365 and want to take advantage of the advanced technologies in Excel.