K2's Excel Financial Modeling Best Practices
(2 CPE Hour Course)
Excel remains the tool of choice for many accounting and financial professionals when building financial models, including forecasted financial statements and budgets. Yet, many of these same professionals have never received any formal training how the best practices associated with generating these types of spreadsheets. By participating in this session, you will learn many amazing techniques that will not only help you to save valuate time when building Excel-based models, but will also improve the quality of your results.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify ten best practices for creating financial models in Excel
- Utilize Excel features and add-in services for sensitivity, trend, and discounted cash-flow analyses
- Create optimization models using Excel's Solver tool
- Implement procedures for eliminating errors in Excel-based financial models
- Incorporate various formatting techniques to improve the usefulness of reports
- CPE credit: Recommended for 2 hours Finance
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to utilize the Windows-based version of Excel more efficiently and effectively when creating financial models, plans, and analyses.