K2's Excel Financial Modeling Best Practices - On Demand (2 CPD Hours)
Excel remains the tool of choice for many professionals when building financial models, including forecasted financial statements and budgets. Yet many of these professionals have never received any training on the best practices associated with generating financial modeling spreadsheets. Participate in this session to learn many amazing techniques that will not only help you to save valuable time when building your Excel-based models but will also improve the accuracy and quality of your results.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- Identify ten best practices for creating financial models in Excel;
- Utilize Excel features and add-in services for sensitivity, trend, and discounted cash-flow analyses;
- Create optimization models using Excel’s Solver tool;
- Implement procedures for eliminating errors in Excel-based financial models; and
- Incorporate various formatting techniques to improve the usefulness of reports.
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED
- Best practices for financial modeling workbooks
- Conducting trend, sensitivity, and discounted cash flow analyses
- How to use Excel’s Solver tool
- Reducing errors in financial modeling workbooks
- Improving the formatting of your financial modeling reports
CPD Credits: Recommended for 2 Hours of Computer Software and Applications
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance Preparation: None
Designed For: Accountants and business professionals seeking to utilize Excel as a financial modeling tool. This program focuses on techniques found in Microsoft Office Excel 2013 and newer designed for the Windows operating system.
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS On-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.