K2's Excel PivotTables for Accountants - Part I
PivotTables are widely considered the most powerful feature in Excel, yet most accounting and financial professionals do not use them in their day-to-day activities. If you are ready to learn how to take advantage of PivotTables or how to extend your existing knowledge of PivotTables, then you should make time to participate in this course. In this program, you will learn how to build PivotTables, how to group data inside PivotTables – including grouping options for fiscal periods – and how to create user-defined calculations in your PivotTables. You will also learn advanced PivotTable techniques, including how to build PivotTables that consolidate data from multiple data ranges and PivotTables dynamically connected to external databases and financial accounting systems. Additionally, you will learn how to take advantage of other Excel features associated with PivotTables, including Slicers, Power Query, and Power Pivot. At the end of the day, you will be a master of Excel PivotTables!
If you have been leery of working with PivotTables or have struggled to realize their many benefits, this course is for you. With a little information, guidance, and coaching from your K2 instructor, you will be ready to use PivotTables to analyze and report on very large data sets in a fraction of the time you are spending presently to complete such tasks.
- Drag-and-drop pivoting, group and ungrouping, and drilling down to underlying details
- Creating PivotTables from multiple ranges
- Linking PivotTables to external database and financial accounting systems
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and define the six main elements of a PivotTable report
- Create PivotTables that summarize large volumes of data
- Describe how to import the data from an accounting system and prepare the data to be used in the PivotTable
- Create PivotTables from Multiple Consolidation Ranges
Who Should Attend: Accounting and financial professionals who want to use the power of Excel PivotTables to analyze and summarize data
Course Level: Intermediate
CPE Credits: 2 Hours Accounting 2 Computer Software and Applications
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Advance Preparation: None
PLEASE NOTE: Registration cutoff is 2 days prior to the start of the webinar.