K2's Extending the Power of Excel with Useful Add-Ins (2 CPD Hours)
(2 CPD Hour Course)
There are many free or low-cost add-ins available to overcome the limitations of Excel. For example, the free Fuzzy Lookup add-in from Microsoft allows users to match inexact data. Ever try that with VLOOKUP? RiskAMP allows users to perform Monte Carlo simulations for capital budgeting; ActiveData provides users with the means to do sophisticated Benford Analysis and other CAATS techniques; and the Analysis ToolPak provides a full range of statistical analyses useful in budgeting and forecasting. This session will identify and demonstrate useful add-ins to improve Excel functionality and your productivity.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify five useful add-ins to extend the power and functionality of Excel
- Use the Fuzzy Lookup add-in to match inexact data
- Explain Benford Analysis and why it is useful in fraud detection
- Perform linear regression using the Analysis ToolPak
- Describe the process of performing a Monte Carlo simulation on cash flow data
- CPD credit: Recommended for 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to maximize the functionality of Excel by using add-in tools. This program focuses on Excel for Windows.