K2's Implementing Internal Controls in QuickBooks Environments
(1/2 Day – 4 CPE Hour Course)
New Course for 2018!
The QuickBooks ecosystem of accounting tools remains the most widely-used set of accounting applications in use by small businesses, yet many of these organizations struggle because of inadequate internal controls. In this seminar, you will learn options for how you can improve internal controls in small businesses running QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, or Online.
Through participating in this program, you will learn the importance of maintaining a strong system of internal controls in a small business environment, including businesses using QuickBooks accounting solutions. You will also learn about the four common types of internal controls and how to assess the relative condition of the internal control structure of a small business. With this background in place, the focus then shifts to discovering the opportunities to enhance internal controls in QuickBooks-based environments by using features found in the application. In addition, you will learn about supplemental internal control procedures for situations where effective controls cannot be established through QuickBooks. In sum, while many believe that QuickBooks-based organizations are destined for weak internal control structures, by participating in this program you will learn how QuickBooks-based businesses can benefit from a strong system of internal controls.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the importance of internal controls in QuickBooks environments
- List four common types of internal controls and provide examples of each
- Assess the relative strength or weakness of a QuickBooks-based organization’s internal control structure
- Create and implement effective internal controls using tools and features found in various editions of QuickBooks
- CPE Credit: Recommended for 4 hours Auditing
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of internal controls and QuickBooks solutions
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advanced preparation: None
- Who should participate: Accountants and other business professionals who want to improve internal controls in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online environments (This session is taught using the US Version)