K2's Integrating Excel with Word and PowerPoint
Excel is the accountants' tool of choice for analyzing data, but their analyses often find their way into formal reports and presentations. Most accountants and business professionals use simple cut-and-paste processes or re-key their analyses to integrate them into Word and PowerPoint, but these Microsoft Office products offer a full range of options for integrating data among and between them. Tables and text in Word documents and PowerPoint presentations can be linked and updated as analyses in Excel is updated or changed. This session contains all of the tips, tricks, and techniques necessary to ease the process of integrating Excel with Word and PowerPoint.
- Using the Camera to link or embed formatted Excel tables or reports into Word or PowerPoint
- Linking individual data cells from Excel into Word text
- Pasting and linking report text from Word into Excel
- Embedding Excel analysis in Word documents or PowerPoint presentations
- Using hyperlinks to link text in Word or PowerPoint to underlying analysis in Excel
- Embedding PivotTables into PowerPoint presentations
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use linked or embedded Excel analysis to automate the process of updating reports or presentations
- List the five ways in which Excel data can be pasted into Word
- Describe the process of linking or embedding multi-page Excel objects into Word
- Explain how to modify the Quick Access Toolbar to facilitate working with hyperlinked documents
Who Should Attend: Accountants and business professionals that need to integrate Excel data and analysis with reports created in Word and presentations created in PowerPoint.
Course Level: Intermediate
CPE Credits: 2 Hours Computer Software and Applications
Prerequisites: Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Advance Preparation: None
PLEASE NOTE: Registration cutoff is 2 days prior to the start of the webinar