K2's IRS Data Security Requirements for Public Accounting Firms (2 Hours)
Public accounting firms – no matter the size – face specific security requirements imposed by the IRS. Yet, many firms remain unaware of these requirements and are not complying with these mandates. Consequently, these firms face potential fines and run an enhanced risk of breaching sensitive client data.
In this session, you will learn about the specific security requirements public accounting firms face and how – and why – you should champion compliance in your firm. Participate in this session to reduce your firm’s risk and improve client service.
- Security requirements imposed by the IRS and other authorities
- Risks associated with non-compliance
- Tools that public accounting firms can and should use to reduce risk
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the data security requirements imposed by the IRS
- List security tools and techniques that can help firms comply with security mandates for public accounting firms
- Differentiate between various fines and other disciplinary actions imposed for non-compliance
Recommended CPE Credit: 2 hours Information Technology
Instructional delivery method: Group-live Internet
Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of security risks and concepts
Program level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: None
Who should attend: Accountants in public accounting firms seeking to minimize security risks and comply with IRS mandates