K2's Mastering the Excel Macro Recorder - On Demand (2 CPD Hours)
Excel macros are a compilation of keystrokes and mouse clicks that are memorized and stored for later use, but you don't have to be a VBA programmer to make use of this outstanding functionality. Simply use the Macro Recorder to create and store macros that will save time and reduce errors in repetitive processes. This session provides the necessary knowledge to use the Macro Recorder effectively.
- Creating your first macro in less than two minutes
- Recording absolute and relative reference macros
- Saving macros for future use
- Modifying macros in the VBA Editor
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use the Macro Recorder effectively and make minor modifications to recorded macros
- List the three locations where recorded macros may be stored and the reasons for using each location
- Differentiate the results when using absolute or relative references when recording macros
- Describe how to attach macros to buttons on the ribbon or the Quick Access Toolbar
Who Should Attend: Accounting and financial professionals who want to improve their personal productivity by extending Excel's functionality with simple, easy to record macros.
Course Level: Intermediate
CPE Credits: 2 Hours Computer Software and Applications
Prerequisites: Good working knowledge of Excel
Advance Preparation: None
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.