K2's Next Generation Excel Reporting
(2 CPD Hour Course)
New and improved features in Excel tools such as Power Query and Power Pivot means that yesterday’s techniques for generating reports in Excel are obsolete. Best practices for next generation reporting include building queries and transformations using Power Query, adding user-defined calculations with Data Analysis Expressions, managing data models in Power Pivot, reducing dependency on formulas with PivotTables, and adding visualizations where appropriate. Participate in this session so that you can learn the best practices for preparing and automating your Excel-based reports.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- List some of the deficiencies associated with traditional Excel-based reporting
- Identify the roles of tools such as Power Query, Power Pivot, and Data Analysis Expressions in next-generation Excel-based reports
- Create data queries and transformations using Power Query
- Identify the steps for managing Data Models in Power Pivot
- List the steps necessary for summarizing data from a Data Model using a PivotTable
- CPD credit: Recommended for 2 CPD hours Accounting
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Office Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should participate: Business professionals who are seeking to take advantage of Excel’s features to create “repeatable/refreshable” reports. This course focuses on features found in the Windows-based version of Excel.