K2's Next Generation Excel Reporting (8 Hours)
New features added to Excel beginning with the 2016 release offer tremendous opportunities to improve Excel-based reporting, for both financial and operational reporting. Data models, Power Query, Data Analysis Expressions, Power Pivot, and many other tools can help you to create more powerful reports and schedules in less time than ever. Bundle these tools with some of Excel’s “legacy” features, and you have significant new opportunities to improve your Excel-based reporting environments.
In this fast-paced seminar, you will learn about the importance of using Power Query to link data into Excel data models and how you can manage these data models to facilitate better and more efficient reporting. Additionally, you will learn how you can incorporate tools such as Key Performance Indicators, Slicers, and Timelines into your reports to enhance the analytics and understandability of the data. Further, you will learn best practices to quickly and easily format your spreadsheets to give them a polished and professional appearance. If you use Excel for any reporting process, this is a must-attend course in 2021.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Name at least three deficiencies associated with traditional Excel-based reporting practices
- Distinguish between the roles of tools such as Power Query, Power Pivot, and Data Analysis Expressions in next-generation Excel-based reports
- Cite the steps for creating data queries and transformations using Power Query
- Identify the opportunities for managing Data Models in Power Pivot
- List the steps necessary for summarizing data from a Data Model using a PivotTable
- Specify examples of formatting options and tools that you can use to enhance the appearance of an Excel-based report
- CPE credit: Recommended for 8 hours Accounting
- Instructional delivery method: Group-live demonstration and discussion. We encourage you to participate with your laptop equipped with Excel 2016 or newer, including Excel provisioned through a Microsoft 365 or Office 365 subscription. This program focuses on Excel for Windows, but many of the features can be found in Excel for Mac.
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of Excel 2016 or newer
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
- Who should attend: Excel users who want to improve Excel-based reporting processes to create accurate reports quickly and easily
- Note: there is a 1 hour break between two 4 hour sessions