K2's Power Query - Import and Transform Data with Ease - On Demand (2 CPD Hours)
Microsoft has updated Power Query, known as Get & Transform in Excel 2016/2019, with many new features. Power Query allows users to access, link, and clean data in preparation for analysis or reporting. In this webinar, you will learn powerful tips and tricks that every Power Query user should know for making it easier to create powerful reports from any data source in less time and with less effort. What previously required specialized knowledge and skill can now be done by any user with Power Query. The tips in this webinar will dramatically improve your productivity and reporting effectiveness.
- Pivoting and un-pivoting data before importing
- Adding custom columns with formulas or by example
- Removing errors, splitting columns, and extracting values
- Combining data from multiple data sources
- Loading data directly to the Data Model
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the process of accessing and updating data from external data sources
- List several available data transformations and data types
- Differentiate between appending and merging tables
- Use Power Query to add or remove columns or rows
- CPE credit: 2 hours Computer Software and Applications
Prerequisites: Good working knowledge of Excel
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
Who should participate: Accounting and financial professionals who want to improve their personal productivity using Power Query to access and transform data for analysis and reporting.
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.