K2's Securing Your Data
(1/2 Day – 4 CPE Hour Course)
Security is not optional and yesterday’s security techniques are not working to minimize today’s security threats. Therefore, now is the time for you to tune up what you know about protecting sensitive data. In this program, you will learn about the latest tools and techniques for securing your data, including encryption, virus protection, secure communications, electronic signatures, secure authentication, and more. You will also learn how to implement a very practical, five-step approach to securing your PC and the types of questions you should be asking of your staff to ensure server-based information remains protected. Extensive demonstrations will be used by your K2 instructor to teach the techniques and concepts presented.
Security failures, such as a breach of client or customer data, are costly – they can even drive your company out of business. What are the security tools you need and how do you use them to secure your sensitive data and systems? Can you afford to take the risk of attempting to manage today’s threats by using yesterday’s techniques? Participate in this program to learn how you can implement viable and practical solutions to mitigating today’s security threats.
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Assess the relevant security risks in your organization
- Identify specific tools and techniques to protect sensitive data
- List five specific steps to improve PC security
- Implement security procedures to improve organizational security
- CPE credit: Recommended for 4 hours Information Technology
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None