K2's Securing Your Data - Practical Tools for Protecting Information - On Demand (4 CPD Hours)
Security is not optional and yesterday’s security techniques are not working to minimize today’s security threats. Therefore, now is the time for you to tune up what you know about protecting sensitive data. In this program, you will learn about the latest tools and techniques for securing your data, including encryption, virus protection, secure communications, electronic signatures, secure authentication, and more. You will also learn how to implement a very practical, five-step approach to securing your PC and the types of questions you should be asking of your staff to ensure server-based information remains protected.
- Five-step approach to securing your PC
- Security tools necessary to secure sensitive data and systems
- Implement viable and practical solutions to mitigating today’s security threats
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Assess the relevant security risks in your organization
- Identify specific tools and techniques to protect sensitive data
- List five specific steps to improve PC security
- Implement security procedures to improve organizational security
- CPE credit: 4 hours Information Technology
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of computer operations
- Program level: Intermediate
- Advance preparation: None
Who should participate: Accounting and business professionals seeking to secure sensitive data
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.