K2's Turbocharging Small Business Reporting with Power Query - On Demand (1 CPD Hour)
Every small business accountant knows and accepts the reporting limitations associated with entry-level tools. Most of these same professionals periodically export data to Excel, text, or other file formats to create custom reports to manage their business. The related data transformations required to utilize exported data can be automated using Microsoft’s Power Query tool in Excel. With Power Query, these professionals can perform simple and complex tasks almost instantly. Participate in this session to learn how to use Power Query – a tool you already own – to create more accurate and timely reports for your small business.
- Tips and tricks for accessing, transforming, and combining data exported from small business applications into meaningful reports using Power Query
- Methods of automating and enhancing report generation processes using templates and refreshing data from related applications
- Advanced Power Query techniques
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify when you might utilize critical features available in Power Query, including getting data from tables, workbooks, text files, databases, web pages, and other sources
- List the steps to export data from QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, and identify key source reports that you can use to export data from Excel into Power Query
- Define key terms associated with Power Query, such as DAX, ODBC, Power Pivot, Pivot Tables, and the M programming language
- Identify an example of when you might want to use the “Open from Folder” tool in Power Query
CPD credit: Recommended for 1 hour Computer Software & Applications
- Program level: Basic to Intermediate
Instructional Delivery Method: QAS on-demand learning, including review and final exam questions. To earn credit, participants must pass the final exam with a score of 70% or better within one year of registering for this course. Participants may attempt take the final exam up to 10 times.